The AiBST Virtual Global Faculty (VGF) was established to provide the African Institute of Biomedical Science and Technology with teaching and mentorship support for its MSc programs. AiBST will be offering two MSc programs, MSc in Genomics & Precision Medicine and MSc in Pharmaceutical Medicine, starting in 2020. It will do this through a joint initiative with the Chinhoyi University of Technology (CUT). The two programs have been approved by the Zimbabwe Council of Higher Education (ZimCHE).
The VGF is composed of leading experts from leading academic institutions and the biopharmaceutical industry, thus suitable for the provision of translational biomedical training. The role and responsibilities of the VGF will be as follows:
- To provide curriculum development and review support for the two MSc degrees
- To develop teaching materials (lectures, tutorials, and practical exercises)
- To teach and mentor students through a combination of online lectures & tutorials and where possible face to face lectures and practical training
- Where possible, provide research project supervision to some MSc programs students
- Contribute to the international recognition and opportunities for funding of the MSc programs through advocacy at relevant fora & meetings at their companies and universities and/or organizations they work with such as funding organizations and other NGOs.